Why do the BCAAS in BCAA5000 matter?
BCAA5000 consists of 5 grams of pure pharmaceutical grade BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio with 2.5 grams Leucine, 1.25 grams Isoleucine and 1.25 grams Valine per serving. This is the most researched and proven ratio to support muscle building and recovery. Our BCAAs are also of the highest quality and tested for purity to ensure the best possible product available.
Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are the three branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) in BCAA5000 and, are some of the most important building blocks of proteins, which make up much of the structure of the body. We are literally made of protein from our bones to our muscles, arteries and veins, skin, hair, and fingernails. Our heart, brain, liver, kidneys, and lungs are built of tissue made of proteins. Amino acids are either produced in the body (“nonessential” because the body makes them), or they must be supplied from the diet (“essential” because the body can’t make them).
What makes the Aminos in BCAA5000 ‘Essential?
BCAAs are essential amino acids, meaning they are not made in the body, yet they constitute more than one third of the protein found in human muscle tissue. BCAAs are unique because, unlike most other amino acids, they are primarily metabolized within the muscle itself, as opposed to being broken down by the liver. That has two important implications for performance:
- Rapidly Absorbed: BCAAs enter the bloodstream rapidly, bypass breakdown in the liver, and are readily taken up by active tissues (mainly muscle)
- More Fuel: BCAAs provide an additional fuel source for working muscle, as the breakdown of BCAAS for energy increases during prolonged exercise. BCAAs also play an important role in whether the body is in a recovery (tissue building) or catabolic (tissue breakdown) state.
Of the BCAAs, leucine has especially been shown to initiate muscle protein synthesis (building) and inhibit protein breakdown. This is key whether you are trying to build muscle, maintain lean body mass during caloric restriction, or reduce muscle breakdown during intense and/or long-duration exercise.
Five reasons to take BCAA5000:1. BCAAs help Delay Fatigue During Prolonged Exercise so you can go stronger for longer. Muscle Fatigue is delayed because BCAAs are used as an additional energy source during sustained training and exercise. BCAAs serves as an important energy substrate when carbohydrate becomes exhausted after a prolonged exercise. When your body depletes the stored glycogen is uses for energy during exercise, BCAAs can still work to power your muscles. BCAAs may also help fight fatigue after training but reducing the amount of the amino acid tryptophan from getting into the brain which can make you feel fatigued during and after training.
2. BCAAs help Protect Muscle from Breakdown. BCAAs have been shown to preserve muscle mass under extremely catabolic conditions characterized by protein breakdown and muscle wasting. During exercise, muscle protein breakdown, and in particular, BCAA breakdown for energy is increased. By providing supplemental BCAAs, the body is less likely to consume its own amino acid (protein) stores. Think of BCAAs as protectors for your muscles!
3. BCAAs help Improve Aerobic and Anaerobic Performance when Taken Regularly. BCAA supplementation has been shown to improve both aerobic exercise capacity and anaerobic performance. As any athlete knows, a small increase in performance can mean the difference between reaching a personal best or not.
4. BCAAs Promote Muscle Protein Synthesis, a key factor in muscle building. Leucine is the most important of the three BCAAs for initiating muscle protein synthesis which is required for muscle building. A dose of 2-3 g leucine is generally considered effective to most effectively stimulate muscle protein synthesis and is often referred to as the leucine threshold. For comparison to food, one large egg contains about 0.5 g leucine, and 5-6 oz of most meat, poultry, or fish sources will provide the recommended 2-3 g amount. BCAA5000 has 2.5 grams Leucine per serving, which equals the amounts found in a serving of meat or 5 eggs.
5. BCAAs Support Recovery by reducing Muscle Soreness and Damage. Consuming BCAAs prior to and following exercise may reduce the level of muscle soreness felt after heavy training. Furthermore, studies have shown that BCAA intake reduces muscle breakdown that occurs during both resistance/weight training and endurance exercise. That means you can recover faster and have less muscle soreness between challenging workouts.
- As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop with water, juice or your recovery drink of choice.
- Consume 1 serving, 1 to 3 times daily.
- For best use, take 30-45 minutes before workouts and/or immediately after workouts.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.